Monday, December 20, 2010

I've been quite busy with finals the past 10 days, but now I'm all set. I'm sorry I haven't been able to produce another post. However, now that we're together, why don't we talk a little bit?

Winter is a really difficult time for a lot of people. In ancient Chinese folklore, each season corresponds with a Guardian animal from Heaven, one of the Chinese Elements, a color, and a stage of life. Winter is the domain of the Black Tortoise, with the color black, the element Water, and death (the seeming end of life). Winter is often symbolic for loneliness, sorrow, death, and countless other unpleasant things.

Yes. This winter has been quite cold.

Many people ask "How can Winter be so sad? Holidays, vacation time, spending time with your family... Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentines Day?" A lot of times, these holidays can only make us feel more alone and can cause stress additional to that which they're meant to relieve.

It's not always about those things, even if it may be somewhat related to them. What good is celebrating those you care about most if a lot of times some of them don't have any intention of talking to you? That's a story for another day, however.

One thing that can help break the loneliness and the cold of this winter is a certain someone. I won't go into silly lovey dovey ridiculous speak, but I'll just say that she's the one who re-inspired me to believe in Peace.

This is a tough time for everyone right now, but just try and keep close to whatever keeps you warm. Snuggle up close to that blanket, because the winter isn't even halfway over yet... But rest assured knowing that you'll be warm.

火冰
I feel cold, lying here on my bed.
I’m staring at the orange ambient aura street light cast soft illusions of foxes onto the snowy earth.
The strings of the guitar in my hand are vibrating, but I haven’t yet strummed them.
I’m hearing your music again.
I wish I could ignite these dormant embers into the flames they should be.
I can hear your beating heart, though you’re nowhere near me.
Your fire shines through your eyes!
But whenever I come too close
I end up melting.
Now, the only warmth I have is the memory of your fire.
The heat of the sun shining on my skin.
Now even the moon shines through the heavy lens of cloud cover
And I wish I could have you in my arms, here, sharing your warmth, sharing your heart
Because all I want is to sleep next to someone again.

1 comment:

  1. When you said that Christmas and whatnot can make people feel more lonely, it reminded me of how my manager made a comment about how about half of all Christmas songs are about bitter loneliness. It's like, "OMG IT'S CHRISTMAS AND NO ONE LOOVESSS MEEEEEE." It's true.

    ReplyDelete