Friday, December 30, 2011

Ripped Jeans and White Robes

Ripped Jeans and White Robes

Ripped Jeans
and silk-screened shirts
Do just fine
to heal the hurt.

You're going from soft water
to sharp ice in seconds
But flash freezing your loyalty
Will only get you so far
and last so long.

Given enough time, you'll melt again
But damn, if you could only see how fast you turned
To pierce your friend.



So, yeah, my jeans have a new hole in the knee
But it's just a sign that they're familiar.
I've owned these pants for so much time, I'm surprised
it took them so long
to wear down.

We better patch it up
before I skin my knee--
You'll have to try harder than that to get my blood,
It runs a deep, strong red
And we wouldn't want to stain your beloved white robes, now,
would we?

If you like my writing, you can join the site to the right of the page, like Speaking with Storms on Facebook or follow me on Twitter and Google+ . If you have questions or just want to chat, I'm on Formspring too!

Thanks for reading. Go forth and do good things, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment