Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Oneironaut




And then I looked and I saw a sky full of Big Bangs.
Each genesis lighting up the sky illuminated my path.
Sometimes I wonder if in each and every one of these new universes,
You would be there, healthy and whole, waiting for me.
So, until I know for sure, I’ll set my sails for the unknown shore
Just a few kilometers from my origin.

When the wind smiles at my back and gently caresses my neck,
I remember that night when all of the universes began again.
Sailing on the dreams of last year,
I’ve learned how to navigate lucidity and coast on the current of the subconscious.

Now I’m back again, at the place where the sky gave birth to new existences
Hoping to find breath and catch sight of our waking life.

The bow of my vessel stirs the galaxies below
As I shake off sleep, dusting bits of God off of my shoulders.
Heaven lights up again and I see you, finally, dressed in deep greens, and
Ready to take me in.

I’ve traveled through visions of longing, of terror, of desire and of nostalgia
For longer than I can remember.
I can’t remember the last dream I had,
Here’s hoping you can remind me.


If you like my writing, you can join the site to the right of the page, like Speaking with Storms on Facebook or follow me on Twitter and Google+ . If you have questions or just want to chat, I'm on Formspring too! 

Thanks for reading. Stay human, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment