Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Galvanized

Is anyone here alone?
Of course not, we're all here with you.
Is anyone here alive?
Naturally. You're breathing and your heart yet beats.
Is anyone here regretting love?
Quite probably. It happens to even the best of us.
Is anyone here feeling...
Cold, cracked, crazy, crooked?
I sure am.
The lightning that lives in my soul
Is lighting up my eyes
Leaving me
Galvanized.
You all may ask
"What are you trying to say?"
You all my try
To leave here today
Feeling energized, intensified, realized,
Galvanized.
But all you get from me
Will be
An image of a furious God
Bringing the hammer down.
The Holy Hand of the divine
in form of alliteration alluding to rhyme.
So are you alive? Alone? In love? Postpone
Your answeres for now, hold your applause
Until you see this tiger's claws
And you will feel the Deity's laws
You will all be revealed as spies
None but the crows will hear your cries
And the cold, hard truth will break your lies
leaving you
Galvanized.


Not my best work, by far, but it said what I wanted it to say. Some people make believe problems so that others will rush to their aid. They get high off of other people's concern and love, making them emotional vampires. These people flock to those who genuinely care for others, and they feed. The only way to stop it is to shock some sense into them.

No comments:

Post a Comment