Monday, November 22, 2010

Maybe after enough writing, I can think of other things to write about.

Today was less than awesome.

When I woke up, I worked on the finishing touches of a paper I know won't score very high.

I then proceeded to change my Facebook status to a quote. I ended up with a glorious typo instead of the intended effect, and didn't realize until minutes before writing this.

Next, I was greeted by a message from one of my favorite people to talk to... Telling me she won't be able to contact me for a good while.

 After that, I decided to take a shower. I was out of face wash, body wash, and conditioner all at once.

After I got to class, I found it was canceled. Great, 4.5 hours until my next class.

I realized too late that I had homework to do and scrambled to write 9 pages of Chinese homework in 2 hours.

It wasn't until halfway through this I realized I hadn't eaten anything all day.

So, I realize that there's no way on the Gods' green earth that I'd be up for my Chinese class. I drop my homework (fully completed) off with my teacher and leave.

The only good thing about today was my good friend treating me to a bit of Super Wok afterwards. That certainly cheered me up, but only a little bit.

So, enough of my bitching. Time for me to show you what I wrote today.

Outside, the sharp fangs of the season are bared.
Icy winds begin to howl, and the grim, frozen silence is enough to drive me mad.
The hoarfrost and rime make telling time
more of a task and less of a tool.
As the rivers, rains, and lakes coagulate
Like an icy pool of spilled blood onto cold, cruel concrete.
The days grow dark, the sky grows gray
With the grave of this year's younger seasons freshly filled.

I just threw this together after returning home an hour ago. I'll have something better later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment