Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Community College Blues

I'm sitting here, more early in the night than late, eating instant noodles with a Bob Marley shirt on, listening to public radio.
I don't think I can get more College than this.
I say that, but a few of my friends from "real Universities"
May read that and get pissed.

Today I met two new people because I couldn't resist showing off my German skills
(which, anymore, don't actually exist)
And within five minutes of talking to them, I was already on the topic of why high school sucked.
I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.

I stopped in on an Asian Diversity Club meeting, despite being incredibly not Asian, because of the offer of free food.
And a cute chick.
But mainly free food.
I'm kind of a dick.

I hung around for 12 hours of doing nothing despite having attended classes that I enjoy.
It was a little bit tiring.
I did some philosophy readings, Emerson and Prothero
So my neurons are still firing.

This rhyme scheme isn't working
So let me change it up.
And if you like it,
Maybe drop some change in the cup.

I'm staying up late, writing about War Paint
and domestic restraint
and social complaint,
but I won't faint
I'll let my pupils dilate
As you let your hips gyrate
As I orate
And dictate
And narrate
In a spoken word Vulgate,
Like a holy book from Heaven's Gates

And just drop a clever little notion,
About how each one of us is an ocean

At least, so said a poet that I admire.
But don't forget to respire,
Because before we retire
I would like to repeat words like barbwire
So just call me a surefire squire knight,
Because community colleges are all right
And all these little nuances that I think they're having
Are really showing me exactly how to stay savvy.
I just wrote this about 5 minutes ago, a bit of freewriting to make sure I'm still exercising my brain. 

If you like my writing, you can join the site to the right of the page, like Speaking with Storms on Facebook or follow me on Twitter and Google+ . If you have questions or just want to chat, I'm on Formspring too!

Thanks for reading. Stay human, my friends.

1 comment:

  1. The moment you rhymed "ocean" and "notions" you lost me to The Bad Touch playing itself in my head.

    ReplyDelete