Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Symphony of the Universe

Symphonium Universi
The world is singing! Do you hear it?
The world is singing. All you have to do is listen.

On this spinning globe, there is so many millions of expressions of life!

They all are singing out in a beautiful choir of existence,

That hits me like an earthquake that brings me to kneel

In reverence. I can’t help put part my lips to sing along with them.

When all the noise is blocked out, and you stop to listen
You can hear it.
The world is singing.

I sit on the floor, with eyes closed and ears eager to listen.
The familiar pat-pat-pat of raindrops on my window
Ushers in a welcome rain.

Nature is has lifted its voices too.

I hear strings and voices in the Wind, drums in the Earth,

Horns and cymbals in waterfalls, raindrops and rivers.

Now I know why sages travel to mountaintops, prophets spend months in the desert
And the wise know the value of quiet.

It’s not so they can get away from the world!

It’s so that they can get closer to it.


We are part of it! Do you hear us singing along?

Hallelujah, we sing!

Let all creation join in!

We are here, we are alive!
Let us do what is good and right

And let the innumerable expressions of life create!

If you like my writing, you can join the site to the right of the page, like Speaking with Storms on Facebook or follow me on Twitter. If you have questions or just want to chat, I'm on Formspring
 and Google+ .

Thank you for reading. Stay Human, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment