Saturday, August 27, 2011

42

I am fast approaching the 4200 view mark. That's exciting because it shows me all of the support I've received regarding my writing! I appreciate the support. To kind of commemorate, in a way, I've decided to write 42 things that not everyone may know about me. Sure, it's not the most original idea, but I've received a few suggestions through Formspring and Twitter to do a little something like this.
Feraligatr
  1. My favorite Pokémon is Feraligatr.
  2. My favorite movie is Zhang YiMou's "Hero".
  3. I love Tim Burton movies, most of all Nightmare Before Christmas. Who doesn't like that movie?
  4. My main WoW character was a Troll Shaman on Boulderfist (PvP) named Stormtongue.
  5. My Greek Zodiac sign is Aries and my Chinese astrological marker is Monkey.
  6. I am a Beta tester for Rosetta Stone and make a little bit of cash on the side testing for them. So far I've tested for Spanish, Swedish, and a few others.
  7. The specific school of Buddhism I follow is Zen, or Thiền Buddhism.
  8. The scar on my face was from a surgery I had to prevent skin cancer. 
  9. I pretty much listened to only rock when I was younger, but now I'll listen to a wide, wide spectrum of music. Save for Country, if you play it, I stand a good chance of liking it.
  10. My biggest celebrity crush is for either Takeshi Kaneshiro or Felicia Day.
  11. I'm not a super huge anime or manga fan, but my favorite manga is Death Note and my favorite anime is probably Samurai Champloo.
  12. I have terrible circulation, so my hands and feet are either always hot and swollen or cold and stiff. I rarely have comfortable in-between moments.
  13. I'm a total crybaby. A good scene in a film or well-written music can (and will) reduce me to tears.
  14. I think Michele Bachmann is one of the most dangerous people we, the people, have allowed into office.
  15. My favorite food is phở,
  16. But I'll eat anything that tastes good.
  17. I love watching films-- I especially love foreign films and dramas, but I can enjoy something as shameless as the Hangover every now and then.
  18. My favorite season is Winter. I hate summer. At first, it's really nice, but I get tired of it very quickly.
  19. My favorite holiday is Christmas.
  20. I am capable of writing raps. I'm not really good, but if I practiced I knew I wouldn't be half bad.
  21. My favorite books are many, but my top 5 are Lamb by Christopher Moore, The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde, The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami, Moby-Dick by Herman Melville and the Dao De Jing by LaoZi.
  22. Although I don't have any yet, I have plans for anywhere from 3 to 6 tattoos planned out, location and everything. When I get a bit more money to my name I'll get them done.
  23. I really like Marvel superheroes, especially Wolverine and Spider-Man.
  24. I'm planning on a major in Mandarin Chinese and Eastern Asian Literature with a minor in Philosophy if I can.
  25. Despite what some of my close friends may or may not think, I've dated more white girls than any other ethnicity-- And no, ethnicity plays no role in what kind of girls I'm interested in. Hahah!
  26. I don't always watch TV, but when I do, I prefer the USA channel. Or the Late Late show with Craig Ferguson.
  27. I don't trust a lot of the things I hear in media, but I do read the newspaper. Hmm.
  28. I want either a pet turtle or a pet potbelly pig.
  29. I love storms, blizzards, any extreme weather situation.
  30. I'm 6'1"/185 cm and 145 lbs/ 65 kg.
  31. If I shaved off my goatee, I would look like a lesbian.
  32. I am bad at sports. The only ones I enjoy watching on TV is soccer/football or baseball (when the Twins are doing well).
  33. I write down every dream I've had after I wake up.
  34. I always carry a notebook on me somewhere.
  35. I hate guns and everything about them, but I love fooling around with Nerf guns. Those things are awesome. If you never had one, your parents didn't love you.
  36. As uncomfortable as I can be around kids, I suppose I handle them well most of the time.
  37. I spell my family name with an Umlaut because that's the way the German word is spelled-- I'm not actually sure the German surname is meant to be spelled that way. Oh well, it sets me apart.
  38. I drink almost 100 ounces of water during the average school day.
  39. I participate in No-Shave November despite not being a hunter (and not actually being able to grow a full beard yet. But not to worry! My day will come).
  40. I think the most attractive part of a woman are her eyes. If I notice she has beautiful eyes, I have trouble making eye contact. Just a bit of awkward-ness.
  41. Despite always wanting to eat healthy, I have a bit of a sweet tooth, mainly for chocolate. I try not to eat too much. My father always warns me about diabetes. 
  42. I was bullied a lot as a kid, but I learned how to deal with people by not dealing with people.
So that's it, the 42 things that not everyone might know. I hope you might have learned something!

If you like my writing, you can join the site to the right of the page, like Speaking with Storms on Facebook or follow me on Twitter and Google+ . If you have questions or just want to chat, I'm on Formspring too! 

Thanks for reading. Stay human, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment