Monday, April 4, 2011

Let it Fall!

I've been stealing little bits here and there... Just enough to keep me going
It isn't mine, I know it's bad for me, but I still need a taste, a fleeting taste
To know that it's still there for me.
I need this addiction to fade, to stop stinging me with white-hot needles.
Let it fall.

Greed, my master passion, has been cycloning within me
A wicked maelstrom that has no bottom to its abyssal belly.
I keep wanting more, I keep needing more, but I know
I need this hurricane to turn to a rain, a tired, sighing mist.
Let it fall.

The clock on the wall, with each thundering motion of fate's hand, is slowly
rusting, decaying.
The glass I used to see your face through is now covered in dust, obscuring any thought, any spoken word.
I need this eon to end, end with the flap of its wing.
Let it fall.


No comments:

Post a Comment