Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Easter!

Easter is the weirdest holiday to me. I was born on the 19th of April-- In my birth year, that was Easter Sunday. Truth be told, it's my firm belief I should have popped out of an egg that day, but certain aspects of human anatomy kept that from happening. 18 years later, Lady Gaga stole that idea from me.
Bitch.

However, I really enjoy Easter. Aside from the terrible Men's Warehouse necktie color-scheme it has, it brings in new life. I have never once experienced snow on Easter, even in the frozen Northland of Minnesota.  And I'm okay with that.

My younger sister likes to go a little bit crazy with the holidays, and I actually like it a lot because it shows she isn't afraid to really embrace something she enjoys. Just a few hours ago, she came up the stairs with a big plastic bag filled with stuffed bunnies saying something like "I am the Easter Bunny Faerie and I am here to... Easter-ize... this... living room." 15 minutes later, the living room was fully Easter-ized with everything from eggs to stuffed rabbits. Easter-ized as hell.

In World of Warcraft, there's an Easter-equivalent in-game holiday called Noblegarden. In it, everyone from lords to peasants are searching for eggs that give gold, candy, even some elegant garments inside. (There is also a rabbit pet that lays eggs, but that is neither here nor there.) Completing all the in-game "Achievements" grant you the title "(Character Name) the Noble". I really like it-- A small (probably unintentional) reminder from the programmers that remembering to revere life is truly noble.
How you choose to show that reverence is up to you.
So, I'm going to wake up with a big smile ready to take in the (hopefully present) sunshine and remember how great life is. Have a fantastic Easter, readers!

1 comment:

  1. Dude, I can totes see Cathy doing that. Easter is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete