Monday, April 18, 2011

Why Snorlax Has the Right Idea

Traum

Exhaustion sweeps over me like a tidal wave of sleepy blue silk
The fluid, viscous substance slows me
I feel heavy, weighed down as though by drenched clothing
The tide comes in, and I hear the lullaby of ten thousand soft voices
My eyes close and I feel the waves wash over me, covering me, swaddling me
I slip across the barrier
Where it is only mine, mine and no one else's
A box of sand I sprinkle into my eyes
To bring good dreams, or blindness
Which may after all be one in the same.


I like sleeping. I do it a lot. I think the number one thing people my age don't do enough of is sleep. Well, that and drink enough water. But mainly sleep.

Sleep, and dreaming, have both always been a really strange phenomena to me. There is nothing quite like dreaming. I think of it as letting your brain and soul really go wild while your body takes a breather. Whenever a dream wakes me up, I always reach for a notebook and pen so I can write it down, as most dreams are completely forgotten during the course of the day. Reading through of them, I realize how truly foolish it is to let my brain idle. Note, some of the text is illegible because I can't write well in the dark after waking up in the middle of the night from a crazy dream.
"And took the....<illegible>... sword and stuck it into his gut, but he doesn't die. He stays there and stares at me, like 'what the hell, man' and gets up and walks away like I had just scuffed his shoes or something. Then I'm taken by a big burly guy to a... <illegible>... and said that I was under arrest for "Generally being a dick".
 Yeah, that happened just two nights ago. I definitely stabbed someone and was arrested for "Generally being a dick" which, I suppose, is a good way of putting it. Another:
"She was stuttering! She was freaking stuttering and telling me that it was ALL MY FAULT. She was saying something in Chinese, it sounded like song lyrics... Maybe 方大同的 music or something... <Illegible, I think I was trying to write Chinese here> So I was telling her to snap out of  it so I can at least understand her correctly and ... <illegible> I find a set of horse blinders and stick it on her face and tell her "Hi ho, Silver, Away!"
 Dream-David has a genius way of getting rid of annoying bitches.

Anyway, I think more people should sleep more. If not for the health, than for the sharing of fantastic crazy dream sequences.
We all can learn a great deal from this guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment