Saturday, June 4, 2011

Why?

Why did you do so much for me?
I talked down to you and spat insults at you.
Why did you give so much love to me?
I used you for my own gains, and left you cold and deserted in my wake,
With pain in your belly and blood on the ground.

Why did you go against your better judgment, and the advice of your loved ones
And give me so much of your soul?
Why did you let me ravage your self esteem, rob you of your freedom and assassinate your trust
When you were a resource to me?
Why did you trade so many pieces of your heart with me,
So I would always have a bit of you with me?
Why did you let me do the things I did?
Why did you love me?

Why couldn't I see what I was doing?
Why was I so blind to the tears, so deaf to the heaving sobs?
I had no rhyme or reason to the rampage I wrought.
I was rolling dice
And stacking bets with emotions.

Why do you still give me this love?
Why am I shown such grace?
I don't deserve it now, just like I didn't deserve you then.
Why?

Why did you whisper to me, "You're a good man"?
Why did you tell me, "I will do anything for you"?
Why did you give me so much so soon?
Why, out of all of the ones you saw, you chose me?

No comments:

Post a Comment